Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's too late to apologize....or so they say

I recently ran into an old second grade schoolmate by the name of Kyle who I hadn't seen in years. If I remember right Kyle moved either during second grade or shortly thereafter. When I saw Kyle I was suddenly filled with guilt and remorse for my actions those many years ago. During recess one day I found a piece of tar. Well my little mind suddenly had the bright idea to write on the bathroom wall with that tar (I know it's hard to believe when you see that innocent face). So after checking all the stalls and making sure nobody was looking I wrote in big black letters SPENCER + BRANDON (two of my buddies) thinking that would be hillarious. Well the faculty didn't seem to agree with my sense of humor and the investigation commenced. After coming up with no witnesses to the crime, they decided to try another method. They kept our entire class in from recess, turned out the lights, and made us put our heads on our desk. They said it would stay that way until somebody confessed. Obviously they didn't know who they were dealing with so when that didn't work they just put it to a vote. Every student went up to the teacher and guessed who they thought it was. As I approached the teacher I suddenly came up with my name. KYLE, I whispered into the teachers ear. Long story short, Kyle and I were the two with the most votes so we got to spend the rest of the day scrubbing the tar off the bathroom wall. Kyle was so mad. I pretended to be just as idignant at the injustice of it all, while holding back chuckles. I never did get to tell Kyle I was sorry, so when I ran into him I asked if he remembered that. He didn't remember but it gave me the chance to finally say sorry. I guess it's never too late to apologize.

5 comments:

K.Booth said...

Did Tracie know any of these stories before she married you??

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Thomas Ferguson.....I am beginning to think that you are not as innocent as you look!!! I have never laughed so hard though, that is a funny story. I think all of these "Ty" stories I hear are making a lot of sense now!! Do you have any more confessions you would like us to know?

Brandon said...

Writing someone else's name is a classic Ferguson tactic. Just like when Richard wrote my name in my dad's new cement. Or when you enrolled me in Billy Grahm's University. Why am I always draged into your nonsense?

Mom said...

I know my memory is fading fast, but that story didn't even sound familiar. Did I know about that one?

Cindy said...

Wow, what teacher was that? That's funny.