Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Goodbye Whiskers!

Last Thursday Tristyn went out to feed the animals and found Whiskers laying there unable to move his hind legs. We couldn't see anything wrong so we took him to the Vet to find out what was wrong. The Vet thought it was a blood clot or perhaps a stroke that had caused it. We left him there for the weekend to see if he would respond to treatment. When it was apparent that nothing was going to change we had to make the decision to put him to sleep. We brought him home last night so the kids could say goodbye one more time then today took him in. Ty told me that he was "going to see Jesus". We'll miss you Whiskers!












This is the sweet letter Tristyn wrote to Whiskers. It reads:




Dear Whiskers,




Thank you for coming into my life. I am so sorry that you had to have a stroke. You must have been so scared and confused. I hope you will have a fun time with your Mom and some of your other brothers and sisters up in heaven. Now you will be able to walk! I wish that you never had a stroke, and that you were still here with me. I want you to know that Po and Freckles will miss you so much. You don't know how excited I am to live with you again. I love you so very very much.




Your owner,




Tristyn

6 comments:

Cindy said...

So sad. What a sweet note. Poor kids.
RIP Whiskers.

K.Booth said...

So sweet. It is always hard to say goodbye to a loved animal. I loved Tristyn's note, I hope whiskers can help freckles to behave, and become like a fairy godmother/father to freckles.....I think he could use one to give him a little direction in his life.

njfroerer said...

It is so hard to say goodbye to animals. It's even harder to see your kids so sad. I loved Tristy's letter. That is a keepsake. Maybe Whiskers is playing with Brenda and Buckwheat right now. We miss our pets too. Give her a little "noogie" from the Froerers. RIP Whiskers.

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Life is so hard sometimes.....when our bunny died all my girls wrote a farewell letter. I think it gives them closure. I hope Tristyn is okay ;)

Grandma Gayle said...

I am so sorry Tristyn! It is so hard to lose a pet. Your note was so sweet and showed great faith in our Heavenly Father. He is always the one to turn to when we go through hard times. Love ya, Grandma Gayle

Claudia T said...

That note made me cry :( I hope you are all doing well with the loss. It's interesting how our pets become our family, I never thought I'd think of Nala as family.