Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Breakdowns

I was driving with Tristyn the other day and noticed she seemed a little down, so being the sensitive father that I am I asked her what was wrong. She started crying and said "Dad you just don't understand."
"What don't I understand honey?" I responded.
"That's just what girls do, they have emotional breakdowns. I have to deal with school everyday why you get to go have fun at work. You just don't understand."
Now since I'm so compassionate I had to turn and look out my window opposite from her and wipe away a tear. Okay so it was a tear of laughter, but I hid it pretty well. Anyway it opened up a nice conversation and we were both laughing by the end. I love you Tristyn! Your a great daughter who's very special to us (and who likes to take random photos of herself with my phone as you can see here). Just so you know after doing taxes last night I do understand emotional breakdowns, I think I had three of them.

6 comments:

K.Booth said...

Tristyn is wise beyond her years!!!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

I can totally relate with Tristyn on this one.....although you are a very good dad to make her laugh. It sounds like you are in for a fun ride :)

marshfam said...

Good luck, I don't know at what age the emotional breakdowns stop... Rob will soon have 3 loose canons, he'll be walking in a daily minefield.

BTW- there's something wrong with you and Randy

Cindy said...

I'm with Tristyn. I think all you do is have fun at work all day.
As for the taxes..I told you that you shouldn't have voted for Obama.

Ferguson Family said...

Whoa whoa...I did not vote for Obama. That was low Cindy.

marshfam said...

Wow, the truth finally comes out, I knew I saw an Obama bumper sticker on your truck. I don't think we can be friends anymore