Friday, July 31, 2009

unrealized potential

I went to the cannery last night to help can some beans and before we could go in they gave us all hair nets. I've never been so thankful that I didn't have facial hair however because all the guys that did had to wear one of these beauties...the beard net. I had a hard time focusing on the task at hand because I was laughing too much at all the guys that had to wear one of these. Somewhere amidst my laughter my mind started thinking about all the other uses one could have for one of these bad boys, and I realized the untapped potential of the beard net. For instance.....
The polygamist wife impromptu bonnet for special occasions when the regular bonnet is in the wash and company comes over.


The mullet net for all those times when your mullet is getting in your face such as cooking outdoors or riding a motorcycle. Free enough that wind will pass right through but rigid enough to hold your mullet in place when white rain alone won't do the trick.

The pet jock strap. You know they would ask for one if they could. Why do you think they're always itching and scratching there? Too much freedom causes irritation. These are a few of my favorites. I welcome your suggestions as I feel that I haven't even scratched the surface of possibilities.



4 comments:

marshfam said...

I hope you took those pictures in the order they are being presented.

K.Booth said...

K, I can't stop laughing. Classic. You think of the best posts!! for some reson the dog picture is clouding my thoughts of good ideas for the beard net.

Cindy said...

You may be onto something here Tom. I think you'd do great modeling these in an infomercial.

Brandon said...

If I weren't so sure the FCC would arrest me, I would upload a picture of me wearing one over each nipple. You know, for support...


p.s. Incidentally, the word verification to post this was 'brabi'. How ironic...