Thursday, July 30, 2009

Melon Mania


Jon and I were throwing some melons out at the 'ol VM the other day when a man approached us and asked me to pick him out a good watermelon. I live for these moments. All my 15+ years of training and background kicked in as I started inspecting the melons for the perfect one. The man asked me if I knew how to pick out a good one and so I proceeded to tell him all the tricks and tips I had learned over the years. Finally settling on one that I felt would be good I handed it to the man with satisfied pride. "This ought to be a good one" I told the man. He took the melon from me and set it down amongst the other melons and picked up a different one. "I like this one better" he informed me, "it's round". He grabbed his melon and left. Jon and I were left speechless. So apparently that's all it takes. It just needs to be round. I could have saved myself a lot of time over the years just looking for the round ones. At least now I know.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I will certainly keep that in mind next time I pick out a melon.

Anonymous said...

That kid is a sexy beast!!!!

Claudia T said...

anonymous...is that you Jon? lol!