Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Detmer fever

So I get this picture text message on my phone the other day and when I open it up it's a picture of my Mom and Dad's neighbor Marlisa with who else but Ty Detmer. I've always admired Ty, to the point that we named our son Ty. We have a signed Heisman trophy poster hanging in Ty's room, along with a miniature BYU helmet that Ty signed as well. Anyway Marlisa knew how much I admired him and was at a conference in Hawaii where she was able to meet him. She found out my phone number from my Mom and sent me the picture. In the text she said he is one of the nicest guys she's ever met, and she couldn't think of a better guy to look up to. I thought that was pretty cool, but it got even cooler. My folks came over the other night with some gifts that she had brought home for us. The first was a hat that Ty had signed for little Ty. The second was a football for me that he and some other players had signed. That was such a nice gesture, I still can't believe that she was so thoughtful to think about us. So now we will add the memorabilia to our Detmer shrine (also kown as Ty's room). I frequently ask little Ty "who was the greatest college quarterback of all time?" He quickly responds, "Ty Detmer." I'm hoping the timing of this has some significance as this is rivalry week. GO Cougars! Thanks again Marlisa, we love the gifts!




The hat says "To little Ty, best of luck".

T



The football is signed by Chad Lewis, Vai Sikahaema, Todd Shell, and Ty Detmer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marlisa is an amazing neighbor and friend!