Thursday, March 26, 2009

Focker returns

Sometime after I married Tracey my in-laws gave me the nick-name of "Focker" (from the movie Meet the Parents). It had something to do with my uncanny ability to find myself in dumb predicaments, or just doing dumb things in general. For example getting a little too competetive playing dodgeball and knocking Traceys aunt Fawna off her feet. Or spiking the volleyball on some unsuspecting little girls head. Or maybe it had to do with the time I accidentally spray-painted my Father-in-Law Terry's whole upper body (very funny story), etc. etc...
Well if you take a look at the picture there you will see in the upper left corner a man horizontal to the blow up kids pen. Yea that would be me at Tristyn's birthday party at the Layton Classic Fun Center. I got this great idea that it would be fun to jump from the balcony above and land in the middle section there. I ran the plan by my brother-in-law Tyler, who of course encouraged me, and got ready to jump. After checking to make sure the 16 yr. old worker was distracted I made the plunge. In my effort to get plenty of air I pushed off the railing extra hard only to feel my foot slipping as I did so. Well it was much to late to abandon the jump, so all I could do was grin and bear it. Somewhere between the time I jumped and the time my body slammed into the concrete floor below, I realized that this was not the brightest decision I'd ever made. Luckily I escaped to be Focker another day with only minor injuries to my body and a major one to my ego.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Focker--I mean Tom--! I am just glad I'm not the one who has to babysit you any more. I was glad to pass that baton on to Tracey!

K.Booth said...

After looking at the picture, I am just curious if you have ever milked a cat?

The Huntsville Dunns said...

You are crazy...did Tracey know about this?

Ferguson Family said...

Just so you know Kelli you can milk anything with nipples. Yes Karra Tracey was busy laughing hysterically along with Tyler and Carrie.

Cindy said...

Oh my. I wish I could have been there.

Tesha said...

who was the photographer? ~ perfect timing. it actually reminds me of my coordination :)