Monday, January 12, 2009

Produce tip of the day...


Here is a little beauty that most people don't know about. It's called the Cara Cara orange, also known as "The Power Orange". On the outside it's a very attractive orange, but what sets the Cara Cara apart is what's on the inside. It looks almost like a grapefruit. It is an extremely sweet orange, with low acid, and packed with vitamins. A great source of Vitamin C, A, and fiber it is also a good source of the antioxidant Lycopene. The hardest part about the Cara Cara is they are gone before you know it, leaving you longing for more. Check them out at your local grocery store before they're gone.

4 comments:

marshfam said...

Yummy! I hope you sent some home with Rob. If not there could be a very angry prego lady to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Okay Tom--I went right over to the market to fetch some cara cara's. DELICIOUS!! A little hard to find, but was successful. Thanks for the produce tip. There is nothing better than a good cara cara--oh wait there is...Tracy's BTS dessert. You know what I'm talking about:) J.

Cindy said...

I'm going to look for those, but if I can't find any down here, I'll expect you to bring me some.

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Loved your tip of the day....but here's a question, when the cara cara's are gone can you special order them? :)