Friday, April 23, 2010

Karate Kid

Now that Ty is taking Karate I thought it would be fun to rent the old Karate Kid movie and watch with the family. We all enjoyed the show, and I was taken back to my childhood quite often. I remember practicing that swan kick over and over. Anyway the next day I was going over Ty's karate with him and was rehearsing with him how we never use karate unless somebody is trying to hurt us. His teachers have been teaching that to him as well as his mother and I. Finally with an exasperated expression on his face he looked at me and said, "Dad, would you just relax. I think I know when to use my karate." Well, okay then. I guess that'll teach me to try and teach him anything. So sorry Mr. Miyagi! Maybe I need to have him go wax my cars. Wax on, wax off, wax on.....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sheesh Tom, relax! You ought to know better. Poor Ty, can't even be trusted with all his karate skills. I can't wait to see some of his moves.

K.Booth said...

Chad takes pilates......which sounds kind of like karate.......but isn't nearly as leathal.

Ty sounds like he can hold is own against anyone.