Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fifth grade fun



Tristyn started fifth grade last week and I couldn't help but think back to my fifth grade experience. I think my friends and I spent the whole summer planning on ways to be ultra devious. We had an entire pencil box dedicated to such equipped with all the finest trouble making paraphernalia such as tacks for chairs, stink bombs, firecrackers, etc.. We were every teachers biggest nightmare. The long awaited first day of school arrived and within five minutes of opening bell the fun had started. I had targeted one particular girl (Charise) that I thought had it coming and put a well placed tack on her chair to start the class. Sure enough as she sat down she jumped back up screaming. I don't know how the teacher knew it was me...maybe the fact that I was laughing hysterically while everyone else was just kinda wondering what happened. After a little investigative work our little trouble box was discovered and our fun was over about as quickly as it started. The rest of the year just wasn't the same after that. However it was fun to watch Charise double check her chair for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You little Devil.....

Cindy said...

I can't wait for Ty to be in school. He's going to be just like you.