Friday, June 26, 2009

Do you want fries with that?


The kids and I went to the pool the other day with a couple of Tristyn's friends that came along (we won't mention their names for their own protection). We all had a fun day at the pool and were headed home when we stopped at Wendy's. We placed our order fine and pulled up to the window to pay and pick up our food. As the lady is standing at the window I hear from the back seat loud enough for the homeless man across the street to hear, not to mention the lady standing at the window (whom the comment is directed at), "We had the funnest day ever I bet your jealous". When the lady says nothing, and I'm quietly praying for the sweet child not to say anymore, she then finishes her well wishes by yelling, "we were swimming all day and you were STUCK at WENDY'S!" The lady handed me the food and quickly shut the window. I was left speechless as I offered a weak smile and quickly drove away. Thank goodness for the sweet "innocence" of an 11 year old.

3 comments:

K.Booth said...

Hilarious!!

Cindy said...

I'm not sure our kids should hang out together anymore. They probably learned "bastard" while with you.

Peter Brown said...

Just stumbled here... That is hysterical!

I have a 5 year old who is convinced that everyone wants to know her name and favorite moment of the day. Why can't she be painfully shy like her mother?