Friday, May 22, 2009

Watching paint dry


For weeks now I've been nervous about Tristyns softball that was coming up. I'm the coach and this is the first year that the girls pitch, which I've been worried about. I was talking to a friend and he said that most likely it will be similar to watching paint dry because there would be so many walks, etc. Well the night finally came for our first game and I was pleasantly surprised for three innings. Then in the fourth our pitcher got tired and asked to come out and the replacement struggled a little with her control. I didn't know this but apparently in rec ball there is no limit to how many times you can go through the lineup, nor is there a limit to how many runs can be scored in one inning. I've actually seen paint dry faster than we got out of that inning. It didn't help that the coach of the other team told her girls not to swing at ANYTHING! ( If I meet that coach in a dark alley....) Anyway the second game was better as the pitchers start to get the hang of things so the paint seems to be drying a lot faster now.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You can invite me to Tristyn's clogging competition, but not her softball games, please.

njfroerer said...

WOW--runner to coach. Pretty impressive. Jack of all trades. I hope the rest of the games pick up the pace. Keep it up coach!