Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend between Tristyns clogging competition and the Ogden Marathon. Tristyn did so good! She had nationals down at Lagoon on Friday and Saturday. Her and Tracey were down there all day both days. She had to do her dances several different times. On her team dances she came away with a first place high gold and a second place high gold. On her duet she got a second place high gold. On her solos she got three first place finishes and two second place finishes. We were so proud of her. She works so hard to be her best. Awesome job Tristyn!
Tyler and I ran our second marthon on Saturday. It was the Ogden Marathon that started up by red rock, ran down Ogden Canyon and finished on 25th and Grant. I really enjoyed the course and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I was able to cut about 34 minutes off of my last time so I was pleased with the run overall.




Ty and my Mom were waiting at the finish line. Ty said "Good job Dad! Can I wear your necklace now?" He just wanted to wear the medal they give you at the end. It made me laugh which is good because it takes your mind off the feeling of wanting to throw up. But that's what Exercise buddies are for. He was a good trainer.

5 comments:

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Tom you ROCK!!!! That is so impressive to cut 34 mins and pass Jamie as she's eating a doughnut along the way!!! So whats next....Sky diving? :)

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Oh ya...Tristyn, Way to go...You are very talented. I'm sure your parents couldn't be prouder!

Cindy said...

Way to go both of you!! So are there going to be more marathons in your future?
I'd like to see Tristyn clog. If she's ever doing anything when I'm up there, let me know.

K.Booth said...

I secretly have dreams of being a professional clogger -they are secret because I lack the talent. How did you guys get such a cute girl? Way to go on the marathon. Impressive, I secretly dream of completing one, but then I wake up.

A&AWilcox said...

Way to go Tristyn! Sounds like you are a GREAT Clogger!