Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a Christmas miracle!

After months of bribery, encouragement, threatening, pleading, etc. Ty has finally decided to be a big boy and poop on the potty consistently. Yes it is a Christmas miracle! We bought him a scooter months ago and promised him we'd put it together as soon as he decided to be a big boy. Tracey wrapped a whole bunch of little dollar toys for him to unwrap every time he would go on the potty. None of that would motivate him to go. Now after a couple of accidents he's going as often as he can to get the next present. The phobia is finally over (crossing my fingers). We ceremoniously threw the pull ups in the garbage, and everybody is happy!




Another Christmas miracle. The poor little guy ran out of gas on his way back from the potty. He was testing the waters between naughty and nice the other day and had to spend a little time-out time in his room. Then I heard the door open as he made his way to the potty. When he was finished he went back to his room and shut the door. After a few minutes of no noise (he's usually flinging the door-stop, or asking if he can come out now, or kicking the ground, etc.) I decided to check on him and found him, sword in hand, laying on the floor asleep- too tired to even pull up his pants after the potty. 'Tis the season for miracles!


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Hooray Ty!
He gets the pants thing from you. I know you'd lie around like that if you could.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cindy--and I have pictures to prove it....! (I plan on using them for blackmail someday.) Yeah for Ty! I knew he would eventually get it.

A&AWilcox said...

He looks like he has fought the valiant fight. Way to go TY I rember those days with Mattea and I thought we would never make it.

Brandon said...

Ferg,

I just checked out the man-blog. Nice work. I have it bookmarked now, so I can cyber-stalk you moe frequently...

Mason