Thursday, February 25, 2010

bits of nostalgia

Do you ever get a little of that nostalgia hit you? I know I've made fun of Tracey for the time she's spent scrapbooking, but looking through the work she's done I realize what a special thing that is for our family. The other day Ty and I spent some time looking through some of the scrapbooks and I am so grateful for the time and talent that she's spent doing that.


My Mom made each of us a personal history up until the time that we left the house. Quite often I open that book and think of my childhood with fond memories. I think of the hours and hours that Mom spent on completing such a task (almost 400 pages) and I am ever grateful for her sacrifice. Thanks Mom! What a treasure.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Your appreciation makes all the time I put into it worth it. It was a "labor of love." I hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. Love ya, Mom

Cindy said...

Being a mom now, I don't know how she ever did it. Especially without a computer!
My kids love our scrap books too. They look at them all the time. Makes it all worth it. Too bad I'm WAY behind. I guess I've replaced it with blogging.

K.Booth said...

We did this same thing the other week, looking at some scrapbooks, time goes by fast doesn't?