Friday, October 16, 2009

Just shoes?

Recently Tristyn grew out of her old tap shoes so we had to go and buy some new ones. We decided to put her old ones up for sale. Seems like a simple thing, selling an old pair of shoes. I got to thinking what was really in those shoes. I saw in those shoes the hours upon hours of practice, the sweat and tears that those practices brought. I saw the dedication of her mother in taking her to all of those lessons and competitions. I saw the joy in accomplishing a goal, the dissapointment in falling a little short. I saw much more than just an old pair of shoes, I saw my little girl getting just a little bit older, a little bit further from being a little girl and a little closer to being a young woman. Maybe I'm in a sentimental mood, but I saw a lot more than just an old pair of shoes.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Very touching post, Tom!

Cindy said...

Ahh, sweet. So are you going to keep them afterall?